Meraki is a system that allows managing local and distributed wireless and wired networks through a single panel, using a cloud computing platform.
How does it work?
Step 1 Place components of the Meraki system in your locations (wireless access points, switches, protections).
Step 2 After start-up, the devices will automatically connect to the Meraki system’s cloud via a secure SSL protocol, and then register and download the appropriate configuration.
Step 3 You obtain full control over the entire network through a web browser run on any type of device. You can configure the entire set, carry out the necessary diagnostic activities and create reports. All these operations can be done with just a few clicks.
Step 4 The process of VPN configuration as well as processes of bandwidth and radio frequency management are fully automated in the cloud, while maintaining safety and high performance. Updates get to your system quickly and without problems.
Meraki is a right solution for you, if:
- you have a wireless distributed network (distributed nationally, internationally and globally) or a local network,
- you do not have your own IT resources or you do not want to involve them,
- you want to manage your network in a simple, centralized way and securely share its resources,
- you expect intuitive control over your network, with a high level of security, with alerts and reports,
- you offer Wi-Fi to many employees in dispersed locations, business partners or guests of your organization or company,
- you want to have a simple solution for site-to-site VPN connections,
- the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend, which involves using private smartphones and tablets at work, applies to you, but safety is the guiding principle.
- Finance sector.
- Medical facilities.
- Production sector.
- Hotels, restaurants, coffee shops.
- Organization of events.
- State and local government offices.
- One panel for managing the entire network.
- Secure enterprise class cloud platform, interoperation with firewall systems, package marking, introduction of bandwidth limits, including also those for mobile devices (MDM), as well as automated intrusion detection.
- Easy and intuitive operation.
- Only management data are transmitted to the cloud, while all user data (web browsing data, application data, etc.) do not pass through the cloud (Out-of-Band control plane).
- More mobile, social, visual and virtual environment of cooperation in your network.
- A unified system for devices of various types, including Apple and portable systems.
- Everything is ready immediately – there is no need to install any additional programs or functions.
- Devices, users, software and all system components are under full control.
- The storage of administrative data between different server clusters means that a failure of any management centre does not affect the operation of clients and the rest of the system. Only the management option may be temporarily unavailable.
- Continuous monitoring of operation and an alert system.
- A large scale of application – even for millions of users.
- The system is ready for future challenges and is updated and developed on a regular basis.